We welcome your nominations for the Annual Random Kindness Community Resilience Leadership Award. The award will be given to members of the community who embody the principles of Random Kindness and are working actively to develop change at the regional scale. The Random Kindness Community Resilience Award recognizes leaders who embody the vision and values of community-driven planning for climate change adaptation and resilience. We honor those who:
- Strive to ensure that frontline communities, those who are most directly impacted by climate change processes, are engaged in public policy and participatory planning
- Conduct research in partnership with vulnerable communities and listen deeply to embedded community knowledge
- Build bridges across sectors, issues, and social divides to create a true movement for sustainability and justice
- Demonstrate that equity, environment and economy are mutually reinforcing in an interconnected world.
Please include the the following items in your nomination email message:
- Name of nominee, position held or community role, preferred pronoun (if known)
- Why you’re nominating them, in 300 words or less
- Portrait photo of the person (max. height and width of image 1000 pixels, please)
- Photo of person in action (max. height and width of image 1000 pixels, please) with
an explanatory narrative caption
Submit nominations by email to with the subject line “RK Leadership Award Nomination,” the nominee’s name and the date you submitted it. Click here to launch a pre-addressed email.
Recommendations are due by March 20th. Hear audio clips from previous awardees here for inspiration.